Aterlo Networks (https://www.aterlo.com) is a Waterloo, Canada based scaleup company that builds innovative software products that measure and improve the quality of experience of Internet users. We are a growing team of industry professionals who are solving hard problems and building great products. Our Preseem product is used by hundreds of Internet Service Providers to measure, analyze and optimize the service quality delivered to their customers.
Why Should You Consider Joining Aterlo?
- We have a growing team and market presence but are still small enough for you to have a huge impact on the company and our customers.
- You want to work at a company focused on solving real problems for customers. Our product helps local and regional ISPs deliver a great experience to their customers. We want to make every local & regional provider able to crush their ‘giant ISP’ competition.
- You want to work with a no drama, respectful, high performance team.
- You want to grow, learn and try new things.
- Competitive salary, health benefits, and unlimited vacation.
- You are a high performer that thrives in an environment that trusts you to self prioritize and make good decisions.
- You value flexibility. Our culture values what you get done, not when and where you do it. We are a remote-first work environment, so you can work where you are most productive, creative, and focused.
- You want to work on products customers love. We have very low churn and raving fans.
- We are located in the fast paced tech hub of Waterloo Region, where you will have the opportunity to learn from other like-minded people within the community.
About the Role
As a member of the engineering team at Aterlo Networks you will be part of a team that is changing how our customers monitor and manage their networks. Our platform includes a real time, network inline component, offline metric gathering and cloud based big data architecture that processes billions of metrics per day. Few companies can expose you to both sides of that equation!
As a software developer at Aterlo Networks, you will influence, design and implement features that delight our customers but even more importantly, solve real problems and add value.
- Design, implement and deliver Preseem features using Go and Python, using technologies such as Kubernetes, BigQuery, Prometheus, gRPC, CI/CD tools, Linux and eBPF.
- Learn about ISP networking technology, the Preseem product and participate in design and code reviews.
- Build with focus on operations, performance and maintainability.
- A post secondary student who is graduating this year or a recent graduate who has graduated within the past 12 months from a Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field program
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and related processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge and technical experience with Python, Linux and Go
- Team player with a positive attitude and a desire to jump in and get things done.
- Self starter with a willingness to learn, experiment and try new things
- Interest in Networking, Internet Service Providers and service monitoring products
Aterlo Networks is an equal opportunity employer that aims to build a diverse workforce of top talent. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise us should an accommodation be required, and we will work with you to meet your needs.