Aterlo Networks (https://www.aterlo.com) is a Waterloo, Canada-based scaleup company that builds innovative software products that measure and improve the quality of experience of Internet users. We are a growing team of industry professionals who are solving hard problems and building great products. Our Preseem product is used by hundreds of Internet Service Providers to measure, analyze and optimize the service quality delivered to their customers.
Why Should You Consider Joining Aterlo Networks?
- We have a growing team and market presence but are still small enough for you to have a huge impact on the company and our customers.
- You want to work at a company focused on solving real problems for customers. Our product helps local and regional ISPs deliver a great experience to their customers. We want to make every local & regional provider able to crush their ‘giant ISP’ competition.
- You want to work with a no drama, respectful, high-performance team.
- You want to grow, learn and try new things.
- Competitive salary, health benefits, and unlimited vacation.
- You are a high performer that thrives in an environment that trusts you to self prioritize and make good decisions.
- You value flexibility. Our culture values what you get done, not when and where you do it. We are a remote-first work environment, so you can work where you are most productive, creative, and focused.
- You want to work on products customers love. We have very low churn and raving fans.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer at Aterlo Networks, you will help our customers deliver a better experience to their subscribers by building and operating the data analytic pipelines that provide key network and business insights. We collect billions of metrics per day from network traffic and network elements. We’re looking for a talented Data Engineer to help leverage this data pool to provide value to our customers.
- Work with the product management team to understand the customer problems and design data pipelines that deliver value to our customers.
- Leverage best practices and best-in-class products and services to build cost-effective, scalable and reliable data pipelines.
- Define and manage data warehouse structures and schemas.
- Implement the processes and systems to monitor data quality.
- Perform analysis to troubleshoot data-related problems and assist other members of the engineering team.
- Work to improve the delivery and operational processes related to the data pipelines.
- Clean and normalize data for use in both internal and customer-facing use cases.
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis to answer customer and internal questions that guide product planning and development.
- Contribute to the data analysis that drives key external activities such as our Fixed Wireless industry report.
- Work with the wider engineering team to plan and execute the delivery of features to customers.
- Passion and interest in data engineering. People who love what they do excel.
- A focus on delivering value to our customers.
- Someone who takes pride in building robust, reliable systems.
- Team player with a desire to jump in and get things done.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases. Advanced working knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to develop software in Go and/or Python.
- 2-5 years of experience building and operating data pipelines, warehouses, and related technologies.
- An understanding of how to leverage statistical analysis to extract useful information from large data sets.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with Google Cloud’s data offerings such as BigQuery, Dataflow, BigTable, and PubSub.
- Working knowledge of computer networking and specifically ISP networks.
- Experience with Kubernetes and micro-services architectures.
Aterlo Networks is an equal opportunity employer that aims to build a diverse workforce of top talent. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise us should accommodation be required, and we will work with you to meet your needs.